One Smart Puppy Class
You no longer need to wait to get started on your puppy’s vital socialization and learning! Dog’s by Foster presents: One Smart Puppy Class.
Each 60-minute class will cover a specific topic(s) and intersperse positive puppy romp and roll and training cures such as: sit, down, come, attention behaviors, leash manners, etc. Registration is ongoing. This flexible class schedule covers different topics on a four-week rotation. Topics include ‘The Keys to Successful Puppyhood’, ‘Housetraining’, ‘Handling and Basic Manners’, and ‘Biting and Destruction’. Owner Q&A is also welcome at each class.
You and your puppy can register to start the puppy classes as soon as your pup has been in the home for 10 days, is between 8-18 weeks of age, and is current on Distemper/Parvo series vaccines for their age and received a Bordetella vaccine. No need to wait weeks or months to get your puppy into class (and miss out on the socialization stage).
Classes are Wednesdays from 6:30p-7:30p at Elevation Pet Resort.
4-week ($95) and 6-week ($135) packages are available.
Fill out our Puppy Welcome Form to have an Elevation team member contact you about registration!
- 8 weeks – 18 weeks old
- In the home for 10 days.
- Up to date on Bordetella and Distemper/Parvo Puppy Series (puppies must be kept current on their puppy vaccine schedule while attending class).
- Every puppy must be in good health when they arrive at Elevation Pet Resort! Puppies that have experienced bouts of vomiting or diarrhea must be clear of all symptoms for three days before returning to classes. Any puppy that has had to be treated for anything contagious may not return to class until cleared by their veterinarian. We ask that owners are be very conscious of this request as we do all we can to keep the puppies happy and healthy.
- Puppies must be kept up to date on their vaccine series while attending class.
- DO NOT take your puppy to dog parks while you are enrolled in our puppy services. With the high number of unknown dogs (with unknown vaccine histories), these high-concentration dog areas can be potentially risky for a puppy’s health. The dog park should be avoided until you pup’s immunity is mature (all vaccinations completed, including Rabies). Talk to your trainer for recommendations on safe socialization opportunities.
Other Important Information:
- All classes are POSITIVE and REWARD-BASED. This means we will not use, nor allow, physical corrections, harsh verbal corrections, or any corrective equipment – No prong, shock, or choke collars allowed. If you have questions about training equipment, please speak to an instructor.
- Being reward-based, we will utilize clicker training and treats in all classes. Make sure to bring an ample supply of soft, smelly treats for your puppy, and bring a variety, so your pup does not get bored. It is also important to bring a hungry puppy to class, so they have room to eat treats.
- Class sizes are limited to 10 puppies. You must specify the dates you will attend the class when you register for the class, no refunds for no-shows.
- No children under the age of 16 may participate solely in class without parent supervision. If young children must accompany you to class, please do not allow them to approach other dogs, run, play, or make excessive noise to avoid putting them at risk of injury from animals that are unsure of children.
- No non-registered canine visitors allowed in class.
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothes that you can easily move in. Be ready to have fun!